It’s hard to find an event that speaks to solo computer repair business owners and small IT services businesses like us. There’s nothing that fills the gap between small local meet-ups and the larger ChannelCons and ASCII Summits. Until now…
The folks over at Instant Housecall are putting together a rather unique event. It’s called the Unconvention and it’s billed as a meet-up where you’ll get real IT Business strategies that work in the real world.
And best of all, YFNCG will be there!
Here are the details:
Toronto Unconvention 2016
July 22 – 24, 2016
The meet-up where we’ll talk real IT Business.
No content-gearing, no shilling. Promise.
Learn from fellow techs and business owners. Get real business strategies that work in the real world. Discover new tech.
If you’re in managed services, IT consulting or break/fix tech with revenue less than 2M, this is the place for you.
Tickets: US$200. (only 100 available)
Includes admission to the show, genuine content, and good food.
Holiday Inn Yorkville
280 Bloor St. W, Toronto
www.hitorontoblooryorkville.ca / 1-877-859-5897
Room: CA$169.99 + 16% tax
Parking: CA$22.00 + 13% tax
Group Name: Instant Housecall – Unconvention
Booking Code: IHU
No physical rooms being held, book early.
Centre for Social Innovation – Annex (Venue)
720 Bathurst Street, Toronto
12 minute walk from hotel.
Just south of Bathurst St. subway station.
Hot desks + WiFi will be available at no charge.
The schedule is still being put together and finalized, but here are some of the highlights.
Friday, July 22nd, 10 PM
- Friday Night Social – City Tour with Toronto Friday night skate club. Cyclists and rollerbladers welcome. City bikes may be available for rent, availability limited. Return to hotel by midnight.
Saturday, July 23rd, 9:30 AM
- 9:30am – Check-in/Breakfast
- 10:30am – If I knew then… Lessons learned from your experienced colleagues
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – Everything You Need to Know about Selling Your Business Services
- 3:00pm – Break
- 3:15pm Workshops
- Mastering Time Management Skills (techie)
- Marketing that Works
- Pricing Strategies
- 4:30pm – Share Work Group Findings
Sunday July 24th
- 9:00am – Breakfast
- 10:00am – Lab: Networking Tools (The Essential Network Toolkit?)
- 11:00am – Lab: Improving Your Web Presence
- 12:00am – Send-off (what are you going to put into action?)
What You’ll Need
- Passport or Enhanced Driver’s Licence
- Laptop for labs
- Canadian currency (recommended). Visa and Mastercard widely accepted, you won’t have the choice of debit or credit. Tell your bank you’re travelling, lest your card be flagged.