Historically, the computer guy, like many other service professionals, has been undervalued and under appreciated. But beware, we computer folk hold a lot more of the cards then some may realize. For those people who tend to treat their computer guy like a second class citizen, here are the top 10 reasons why you may want to reconsider giving us a hard time (David Letterman style):
9. We know where you live (and if we don’t we can get a rough estimate using your IP address!)
8. We probably know most of your passwords, whether you told them to us or not.
7. If we’re not available to fix your computer problem, we’re more than likely friends with someone who is.
6. On the same token, if you threaten us by saying you’ll go to another computer guy, that guy is probably our friend too.
5. We have the power to change the passwords to your entire city.
4. We may hold the only copy of the goverment’s intelligence data in our brain.
3. No one ever calls us to say that their computer is running great. We’re starved for good news!
2. If two different clients both have URGENT problems at the same time, we’ll help the nicer one first.
And the number one reason to be nice to your computer guy….
1. If you cross us, we’ll blog about you.
Forward this to all your tech friends for a good laugh, and forward to your non-tech friends for a good reality check!
Don’t let this list stop at 10…what reasons can you think of for being nice to your computer guy?